Road Map of the Civil State Apparatus (CSA) of the National Agency of Drug and Food Control (NADFC) Years 2015-2019
Submitted by R. Satriya Pina... on Mon, 26/09/2016 - 10:11
The challenges in controlling drug and food in Indonesia carried out by the National Agency of Drug and Food Control is now getting better. The products on the market are not just domestic products but also imported ones that are also on the market as a result of free trade agreement among the nations in the regional areas. The challenges necessitates the NADFC to have CSA of a global quality.
The results of the evaluation of the NADFC employees’ competence that was carried out from 2012 to 2015 still showed the wide enough gap in competencies, especially in the role competencies for managerial positions that are the competencies of conceptual perception, of planning, of organizing and controlling, and of group leadership. Besides, seen from the point of view of the age brackets of NADFC employees, there is the gap in the number of those under 35 and those above 35. Other than that, the number of employees above 50 years old in the NADFC reaches 833 who will be retired in 8 years’ time. In the same time period in 2022, it is predicted 129 (one hundred and twenty-nine) structural officials in the NADFC circle will be retired.
With that background and in the effort to support the implementation of Bureaucratic Reform of the NADFC, especially in the changes in the Arrangement of Human Resource Apparatus, and the strengthening of the NADFC as an institution, it is necessary to accelerate the regeneration of the NADFC leadership and to continuously improve the management of the CSA so that they are able to support the control of drug and Food in Indonesia. This is also in the effort to support the National Bureaucratic Reform policies to create smart CSA in 2019.
As a first step in accelerating the regeneration of the NADFC leadership and the arrangement of the CSA management in the, it was composed the road map of the CSA of the NADFC years 2015-2019 with the primary objective being to create smart CSA of the NADFC in supporting the achievement of strategic objectives, that is to increase institutional capacity and capability of the NADFC as an institution. The specific objectives are:
- Generate the CSA of the NADFC which is competent, having integrity, professional, credible, having global perspective, mastering information technology, as well as faithful and devoted to God Almighty to support the implementation of food and drug control.
- Ensure the availability of CSA that meets qualifications, competencies and performance, both in quantity and quality as needed by the NADFC for the present and future in all types and levels of positions in the NADFC.
To realize these goals, the policy of CSA of the NADFC management in the road map of the development of the NADFC from 2015 to 2019 are:
- Development of CSA competence through employees’ competency development programs and activities structured and ongoing according to the organizational needs, potentials and competencies of the employees. This policy is implemented through the implementation of competency management in the NADFC.
- Development of CSA's performance through the implementation of performance management in the NADFC, including the management of performance effectiveness, efficiency and accountability, of reward and sanction given to employees, and employee performance evaluation. Performance management aims to ensure the objectivity in developing the CSA based on the achievement and career system.
- CSA career development through the implementation of career management in the NADFC carried out through a merit system that includes career development, competence development, career patterns, patterns of mutation, and promotion.